The audiologists at Associates in Hearing Healthcare are devoted to improving our patients’ hearing health and providing the latest in hearing aid technology. With locations in Barrington and Marlton, New Jersey, we make it easy for you to schedule an appointment and meet with our knowledgeable staff.
One of the most common questions we receive is: How can I make my hearing aid battery last longer? Here are some tips to prolong the battery life:
- Don’t remove the plastic on the back of your batteries until you’re ready to use them. Hearing aid batteries are powered by zinc air, so removing this barrier is essentially activating them.
- Let your battery sit out for one minute after removing the plastic back. This allows your battery to fully charge before being used.
- Store your batteries at room temperature. You should also keep them away from coins, keys and other metals to avoid them from short circuiting.
- Wash your hands before replacing your battery to reduce the amount of grease and dirt on them, which can damage your hearing aid.
- Be sure to turn off your hearing aids when you’re not wearing them. You should also open the battery door to allow moisture to escape and avoid corrosion from damaging your hearing aid.