Determining the perfect gift to get a loved one can be a challenge for anyone.
The best – maybe even perfect – gifts are often ones that show the recipient you understand what they enjoy and bonus points if it improves their life in some way.
Associates in Hearing HealthCare has compiled this list of potentially perfect gift ideas for your loved one with hearing loss.
- Hearables: These relatively new devices are wireless devices worn in the ear that improve listening experiences. Not necessarily marketed as being for those with hearing loss, they often feature additional benefits such as heart rate monitors. A couple of stellar hearables are the Jabra Sport Pulse and the Bragi Dash.
- TV listening devices: These products make watching TV more enjoyable by allowing the wearer to adjust the volume independently of what others in the room hear. Sennheiser makes a highly reviewed TV assistive listening headphones system that Associates in Hearing Healthcare has available for purchase at our locations.
- TV soundbar: Another option for better TV viewing are soundbars, which can do wonders to improve sound clarity. Some models, such as the ZVOX Accuvoice AV200, utilize built-in hearing aid technology to improve listening experiences.
- Vibrating or light alarm clock: Know someone that has trouble waking up on time? Alarms clocks that vibrate (activating the alarm placed under the pillow like several models we carry from Sonic Alert – available at Associates in Hearing Healthcare ) or wake you up with the colored sunrise simulation (check out this model from Philips) will help your loved one get out of bed in time.
- “Noisy” jewelry: This is a unique idea for the fashionable person with hearing loss. Louder Jewelry is a company started by a woman with tinnitus and hearing loss. She created her line of jewelry – featuring “Hard of Hearing” necklaces, “I read lips” studs and more – to not only look good but serve as a fun reminder that you may need a little assistance from those around you to properly hear them.
- Smart jewelry: A company named Trellie makes rings that vibrate and/or flash a light when a phone call, message, or email arrives. These are functional and fashionable gifts for the fashionista on your list.
For more information on services or some of these gift ideas available at Associates in Hearing HealthCare in Barrington and Marlton, New Jersey, call us at (856) 266-9590 or schedule a complimentary appointment.